Saturday 4 February 2012

First snow of the year!

Today it has started to snow - it was forecast so no great surprise. I'm nice and warm in my studio - heater on, cup of coffee and hot water bottle as a foot warmer. Jeff and the children have gone to the park to 'make the most of it'!

I'm not a fan of the white stuff - this was my view last year - I'm hoping it doesn't come to this. We were supposed to be going to visit a big trade fair in Birmingham at the NEC tomorrow but have decided to give it a miss - best to stay closer to home I think!

6 comments:

Jenny at Red House said...

yes, the NEC doesn't seem like a good idea for me too! jennyx

Muddy Puddle Crafts said...

I'm in the Midlands Becky, we only have a few inches & its practically stopped & rain due later, bet we'll wake up to nothing so u may be ok? Jo x

Jenny said...

Still snowing here (and since we're only a few miles down the road I guess it is with you too!) It is pretty but everything seems to grind to a halt when there's even the tiniest bit of snow, which I just find so frustrating! Stay warm and cosy x

MrsP said...

Gorgeous pictures, the snow is very pretty but seems to make everyone a bit crazy on the roads!!! Best to stay indoors and snuggle up with a nice mug of hot chocolate!

xx

Chandlers Candles said...

Still got quite a bit of snow here in Marlow although the roads aren't too bad. However decided not to go to NEC yesterday, took dog for walk in snowy woods instead!
Sue

Obbie Dobbie said...

Here in central Queensland Australia, we are sweltering. In all of my 50+ years, I've never seen the snow. Your pics are glorious. Imagine sitting by the window having a lovely cuppa in one of your pretty mugs - bliss. Thanks for sharing your lovely view.