Saturday 31 December 2022

Breakfast Bags!


Breakfast bags!! 
(I bought new bags this year from Rex)
Instead of buying gifts for each other, which often cost a lot, can also be something for the sake of it, we decided to do things a little different a few years ago. We draw a category out of a hat and each person spends no more than £10 a person, including a gift for themselves, so in our household £40 a round spend! Wrap the gifts in the same paper, open together, starting at 'breakfast time' hence the name. 


This year's categories were -
Jeff - food & chocolate
Me- socks & accessories
Sophie - puzzles & games
Sam - drink & alcohol


Jeff - food & chocolate
Jeff went all out on his food round, you can tell he doesn't do the food shopping on a regular basis, so much enthusiasm. Some of his gifts were from Malaga, some from Aldi and some from the local market!! More than £10 a head but who's counting!!


Me - socks and accessories
 I got socks, treated myself to some new walking socks.


Sophie - puzzles and games
 Sophie choose well, drinking game for Sam, puzzles for her and myself and 
Jeff a drawing game, he can't draw!!  


Sam - drink and alcohol
 Sam got drinks, which was perfect for him, as he could buy everything after work on Christmas Eve.


These were the main rounds, Jeff and I do a few extra. The kids get money as their main present but still get to open a few things, without waste and unnecessary spending xx 
It's a win in our family - fourth year for us doing this x


And it all kicks off around the table at 'Breakfast' time !


 Jeff's main round was 'food' I didn't realise how excited he'd get buying himself a pineapple. He then did a plant round - pots of bulbs for everyone ready for Spring. A European flag round - a Morocco flag for Sam after his recent trip there, Italian flag for me and Spanish and Italian keyrings for him and Sophie. A book round and he did a gadget round but I forgot to take a pic of that!!









My extra rounds.....  


A European round, I basically wrapped up Jeff and my Malaga purchases 
but gifted the kids €100 each for future travels.


Scratchcards


Some bits from Rex - fold up shopping bags for Sophie and I, some twine for Jeff as he keeps pinching mine and an emergency rain/bike poncho for Sam!


 A toiletries round, although I just wrapped up perfume for me that I already had 
and Sam did get some expensive aftershave as he'd run out!! 


A candle round


Spotty lunch bags


Nuts!


More socks!


 Everyone also got a mini tub of Pringles! 

So nothing wasteful, the kids didn't have to spend a fortune, just £40 all in. 
They got money and had a few useful things to open on the day xx

No comments: