Saturday 31 December 2022

Farewell 2022


Farewell 2022, a fabulous year!!

 It didn't start off brilliantly, I started it off poorly with a bug, then we all got Covid in February. Although Jeff insists he hasn't had it but he was poorly first!!!! 
We got the hall floor tiled, made a start on the painting!! 

Saw lots of live music - Sophie Ellis Bextor, Corinne Bailey Rae, the Killers, Jeff and Sam enjoyed Glastonbury festival, Coldplay at Wembley, Ricky Ross, Will Young, G4, Scouting for Girls, the recent Festive Fiesta in Bristol

Sophie and I enjoyed trips to the theatre - Waitress, Chicago, Singing in the Rain, Frozen, Mamma Mia, Les Miserables, My Fair Lady.

 Lots of fabulous adventures abroad with Jeff - Naples, Kefalonia, Dubrovnik and Malaga, where Jeff could speak his Spanish. With Sophie - C'an Picafort, Milan/Verona/Bergamo and with my sister - Pisa/Florence/Cinque Terre and Sam enjoyed trips with friends, to Biarritz and Morocco. We have a family holiday booked and am already looking forward to it, to Majorca in 2023. 

Jeff's brother got married, we celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary. Sophie graduated with a First Class Honours Degree from Reading University and moved up to Cardiff to start work at the ONS. Sam changed courses to History& Economics and moved into his house share, all 7 of them!! I clocked up 5 years working at Sainsbury's and won a Regional award! Jeff continues to work hard but we enjoy the daily Wordle challenge, kept it up all year!! 

I've walked lots, taken 1000's of photographs capturing the changing seasons and made the most of any good weather, getting outside enjoying my Thursday walks with my friend Lynn, plus the long hot summer was a bonus, for Jeff especially during his 9 week summer break. 

The Queen died and Charles became King. I now share my birthday with the King!!! 

January

February

March

April

May

June

July

August

September

October

November

December

So all in all, a great year, lots to be thankful for and 
lots more fun and adventures to come in 2023 x

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love to pop by your blog each weekt to see what you post, the Italian meal looked so good and looked very impressive. Here's to 2023 and more travel for me to follow vicariously :)
Ali (homebird_makes)