Sunday 11 December 2022

Two weeks...

.....to CHRISTMAS!!!!


Oh my goodness, just two weeks!!
Best get cracking, have a lot to do!


So the week began with the works Christmas DO!! 
Safe to say I was a little bit tipsy. I'd worked all day, a very busy 8hr shift and the last thing I wanted to do, was go out but.... it was a brilliant night! Thankfully pints of water and toast, meant no hangover the following morning! Phew!


I'd made brownies to take with me, you've probably guessed, there were none to come home!
So I worked my Monday (hangover free) and did overtime on Tuesday.....


...then out on a school night!


Just the one beer!


Jeff and I had tickets to see Scouting for Girls at the O2 in Bristol. 
Sophie had dragged Sam along to see them up in Cardiff the night before. 
I think it was my 8th time and they never disappoint!


It was their 15th year Anniversary tour and as always, a fantastic night!


So Wednesday, a full day off with nothing planned until yoga in the evening! A day to get things done!! First up steam mop the floors, always a job I hate doing but hugely satisfying once done


Secondly - put up the tree and lights!
Remember last year? When I accidentally bought 3000 lights, all 75 meters of them!!!!! So last year I had them all over the floor, having to cable tie 3 strands of 25m together, then I accidentally cut through a wire whilst cutting off a cable tie!!! Anyway they work, the relief!! 


Thirdly swapped over to the Christmas bedding!!


Fourthly, put up the Christmas cards!


One of my traditions and a really quick and easy decorating idea, is to display past Christmas cards. I've done this for 20yrs+ It started off when my mother-in-law always had fabulous Christmas cards and as the years went on, I realised she kept her favourites and got them out every year. So I started off keeping Christmas Pud cards, displaying them on my kitchen dresser but as I collected lovely cards over the years, I thought it a shame not to use them too. 


So I now have puds on my kitchen pigeon holes, 
Merry Christmas, hohoho and Santa themed cards on my kitchen shelf....



....... robins on the bookcase.....


......trees around the fireplace, plus odd ones dotted around. 
Family cards sent this year go on the sitting room shelf, ours to each other in the kitchen and other cards in the hallway. They're quick to go up, quick to take down!!! And they're too nice not to see again. I like to do this, lots of memories and lovely to see handwriting from loved ones now passed away xx


Final walk with Lynn for the year and the perfect finale!  


So Thursday and a glorious morning! 
A cold, frosty walk up to the Tor x


Met the friendliest of robins on our way x




The view from the top was worth the effort climbing up!


I LOVE days like this, cold, crisp blue sky days.


Friday was Save the Children ' Christmas Jumper Day'.
 I worked the morning, more overtime, then came home to Sophie back for the weekend.


Di came to cut our hair, then someone was happy with Croatia beating Brazil in the World Cup. Won't mention England!!! He's now on holiday and sporting his Christmas jumper for the next couple of weeks, rather than a shirt and tie combo!! 


Sophie and I decorated the sitting room in the evening, 
then watched Love Actually together, with our first Bailey's of the year - tradition!!!


Simple but festive!


Saturday was another cold, crisp beautiful morning, so Jeff and I got up early and headed out, down along the river Brue.


So still, so peaceful.....


.....a beautiful morning!


I took my camera, am seriously considering upgrading in the new year but prices may be prohibitive! 


Although taking photographs is something I thoroughly enjoy....


....capturing images like this!!


Came home, thawed out and got tree decorating with this one.
Sophie came back for the weekend, just to decorate the tree!


Will be a lovely tradition, if she does that every year!


So many memories on the tree.





Granny's baubles found in her attic last year...


....new additions bought last year. 


And I gifted Sophie a selection of our decorations,
 to add to her tree traditions, passing on the memories xx


So a rare Sunday off today, my last day of 'holiday' booked off until April!!
Thankfully with my hours, I can still enjoy time off! 


A day to get lots done, as Jeff and I are away for a few days next week and I'm working Monday and Tuesday. I'm fairly organised, in my head at least but a day to get all the little bits done today!

No comments: