Saturday 24 December 2022

It's......

...... Christmas Eve xx

My favourite day of Christmas. Bit different now it's just the four of us, used to have a house full but I'm still eagerly waiting Sam's arrival home from work, so we can all eat together and then I feel the Christmas festivities 'proper' can begin x


All the presents are wrapped, not that there were many this year!


Sophie and I went out on Tuesday night to Bristol.
She wasn't feeling great! Sam has been very generous spreading his germs. He came back on the Friday, spent Saturday in bed, did come in to work on the Sunday but left early and ended up at West Mendip hospital, as he couldn't swallow, apparently a virus, nothing they could do. He was off on the Monday, went back on reduced hours, not the money pot he was hoping for! Anyway he kindly gave it to Sophie, Jeff is fighting it off well so far and fingers crossed, I've got away with it so far!!


We did still go for a bite to eat and drink before.....


....the main event - Festive Fiesta!!!!
 It was City of Bristol Choir and the Bristol Ensemble, a mix of choral and orchestral pieces, with audience participation, fantastic music, talented performers, a wonderful festive atmosphere, loved every minute of it. Will certainly look to book again next year x


Thursday, my last shift at work! I've done extra this week to help out, 5 days on the trot!! 
It's been sooooooo busy!


Watched the final of The Traitors in the evening - brilliant TV!


Friday and up and out early, back to Sainsbury's to do the final food shop.
What we don't have now, we do without x


I spent the day doing odd jobs, festive faffing!!!


Sorted out and washed all the Christmas crockery to use over the next few days.


Jeff ironed the tablecloths


Basically got everything ready x


This morning, Saturday, Christmas Eve and Jeff and I made the most of it being dry 
and headed over to Ham Wall for a walk.


It's so beautifully quiet, calm and peaceful over there.


We met a friendly festive Robin on our walk.


Back home, lunch, then veg prep!
It's a tradition, we would always come back from my sister's Christmas Eve lunch, sit with a coffee and mince pie, listening to Carols from King's and all prep the veg - my mum, dad, Granny, me, Sophie, Jeff and now I think of it, never Sam, he always got out of doing it!!! Sam's was at work, Sophie was still not feeling 100% but wanted to help, so we sat at the kitchen table, Christmas tunes playing just like always.


Happy Days, our little family Christmas begins once Sam gets home. 
I'm working Boxing Day this year. Not sure how I feel about that, not worked one before 
but no choice, as it's my normal Sunday work day.


Still, will worry about that on Sunday!!
First up, CHRISTMAS xx

All it leaves for me to do, is to wish you all a very Merry Christmas xx

No comments: